michaelbrent

Michaelbrent Collings

Because Life Is Too Short Not To Read Michaelbrent Collings is a #1 bestselling novelist and screenwriter. His bestsellers include Strangers, Darkbound, Apparition, The Haunted, The Loon, and the YA fantasy series The Billy Saga (beginning with Billy: Messenger of Powers). He hopes someday to develop superpowers, and maybe get a cool robot arm. Michaelbrent has a wife and several kids, all of whom are much better looking than he is (though he admits that's a low bar to set), and much MUCH cooler than he is (also a low bar). Michaelbrent also has a Facebook page at facebook.com/MichaelbrentCollings and can be followed on Twitter through his username @mbcollings. Follow him for awesome news, updates, and advance notice of sales. You will also be kept safe when the Glorious Revolution begins!

Apocalypse Z: The Beginning of the End - Manel Loureiro, Pamela Carmell This was a decent zombie novel. There were some parts that I found irritating (like the fact that the main character seemed to go right into sexualizing a young teen girl within minutes of finding her), but most of the book was clever and well done. I particularly liked the method of telling the story as a series of blog and journal entries. It added to the reality of the tale, though at times I did have to ask myself what kind of person would stop to write pages and pages of personal history during a zombie apocalypse - sometimes with the zombies literally tearing the door down.

My biggest problem with the book, however, was the ending. Or rather the stopping. Because it didn't really seem to end so much as just stop rather suddenly, as though the author hit a wordcount goal and then said, "All done!"

Had the book come to a better resolution, I would have awarded an extra star. As it is, I still liked it and will probably look into this author again (though not in any hurried manner).